Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Week 6: What a Mess

OK, I get the concept. Tagging and bookmarking could be useful for many but I may not be one of the chosen ones. I've worked my way around the del.icio.us and the Technorati websites but it wasn't easy. Couldn't I just Google what I need? After viewing the tutorials, looking at some links, and checking out some tags, I'm boggled!
When searching del.icio.us for "travel list" most of my results were from companies selling their stuff. A "packing list" that I selected told me to pack both my razor and my electric shaver???even though I told them that I was a "female". What are they trying to tell me? I don't want to know! I have my own packing list that I made up myself and mine is better than theirs...hmmm...maybe I'll tag, bookmark and link to my own page. I liked the tags and the way that they're listed under the links.
Technorati, I never got the hang of this one, and I don't think it liked me either. The best part are the photos. I searched Toms River and OCLwebthings, then selected the photo tab, and voila, there's pictures of my favorite town and library. The photos from my blog are not showing up, however. I think this has something to do with not "claiming" my blog. Well, you can't blame me.

1 comment:

OCL Web Things said...

You're not alone - Technorati and del.icio.us can be pretty confusing. And some people just plain hate them, which is okay too :) Keep up the good work!

Elizabeth/OCL Web Things Committee