Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Web Apps and Best of the Rest

Where were Web Apps three years ago when Alison was getting married? I can remember typing, printing, correcting, and retyping all kinds of lists. The e-mails were flying along with the tempers. Those wedding lists needed everyone and their grandmothers to make sure that the information was correct. Just what is Great Aunt Sissy's real name? If we invite Cousin George, do we need to invite the other 22 cousins? Just having the address list on Google Docs would have saved a tree!

Now that I'm thinking about it we could have used a blogspot back then, too!

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

I could find lots of great stuff to look at on the Web 2.0 Awards site. Of course, I went right to the Photos and Digital Images area where I found some favorites like Flickr and Picasa; but Picnik was a new site that I can't wait to try. And what do you know...there was my new best friend Google Docs with a first place in word processing!

No comments: