Wednesday, May 14, 2008

It's a Beautiful Thing 12

I have access to NetLibrary and WorldCat through my library. Although I don't see myself sitting at the computer reading Pride and Prejudice, you could do it if you wanted to using NetLibrary. I can see the advantage to students looking for excerpts from books and you can get the Cliffnotes, too. If my computer was a lot smaller, and lighter, I might consider using NetLibrary for my last night reads. Until then, I'll stick with my paperbacks, they're easier on the nose.

WorldCat told me that I could get Alvin & the Chipmunks on DVD at the Ocean County Library (I knew that already). What I didn't know was that I could also find it at the Peddie School in Hightstown, NJ and at the Burlington County Library. And God is my Co-pilot, published in 1943, can be found at the Georgian Court University. Very cool. Now I know where to find those obscure titles I've been aching to read....

No comments: